Friday, August 29, 2008

Book Corner: Body Of Lies

I was watching a movie preview show a couple weeks back when the trailer came on for the new spy thriller, Body Of Lies. At the end of the preview the host of the show mentioned the book that this was taken from came out last year. Being the dead of the summer I thought I would pick it up and give it a read.

The story centers around a terrorist setting car bombs off across Europe with a C.I.A. agent and his boss trying to capture him before his wave of terror can make his way onto American soil. To add a bit of human drama to things, the agent finds his home life with his wife falling apart. I enjoyed the book a lot. With the book only 347 pages it was a fairly quick read, and the cast of characters was fairly small so it didn't take a scorecard to remember who everyone was. The story moves along pretty quickly. I'll admit that I thought I had figured out how things were going to go, but just as I was patting myself on the back thinking I figured it out the story takes an interesting twist that I didn't see coming. I'll also say I didn't quite know why they were spending the time they did with his home and personal life, but that also paid off through the story.

It looks like the movie is coming out in October and will have Leonardo DiCaprio playing the C.I.A. agent and Russell Crowe playing his boss. Those two don't usually end up in bad movies. I highly recommend the book, and it will be interesting to see how the story translates to the big screen.
-MJP

2 comments:

JDHTEACH said...

Great Review.

For a fun easy read you need to read PLAYING FOR PIZZA. It is about a 3rd string qb who gets cut from Cleveland after blowing a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter of the AFC championship game. He ends up playing in Italy and the story is centers on his adjustments to life in Europe. SJP would love it too.

Anonymous said...

This is a MUST Read....Marley and Me!

I am serious...go get it NOW!!

huff