Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What Is Up With Larry King?

SJP - For a while now I have been wondering why CNN keeps Larry King on the air, much less why anyone tunes into his show. He bungles more interviews than you can keep track of, does ridiculous stunts like trying to dance with Janet Jackson, interviews and plays drums with Motley Crue, and makes a mockery of what should have been a serious show the night Heath Ledger died by obviously having no idea who he was nor having seen any of his movies, including his Oscar nominated role in Brokeback Mountain. Then comes this bit of news from TVGuide.com:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Cheers-38-Jeers/Larry-King-Jeered/800045408

A TV accident Larry? Seriously? Now I personally had a TV accident when I was a child. Long story short, I didn't do what I was told and pulled a portable TV over on my head, breaking and bloodying my nose. To this day I still have a crooked bend and scar from this random act of childhood stupidity, and two years ago had to have surgery to try to correct the collateral damage. And to be fair, I have heard of other children doing the same thing (thank goodness I am not the only silly one!), but a 46 year-old man (who he apparently reported as 66)? Does he do any research before he goes on the air, or just spend all of his time prepping his suspenders? And the real mind-blower is that a few months ago, CNN re-upped his contract through 2010! Larry, I realize you now have divorce number five, seven, or something to pay for, but please do us all a favor and put yourself and TV land out of your misery.

5 comments:

unt grad said...

Maybe he just needs to get his glasses changed so he can read the teleprompter. Things start falling apart as you get REALLY old.

The sad thing is, he probably doesn't have any hobbies he can do should he retire, so that's why he keeps doing it. The network is in kind of a quandry because he's so repected. It would have been like firing Peter Jennings or Walter Cronkite (don't know if I spelled that one correctly, sorry).

Anonymous said...

He sucks...plain as day. His interviewing is horrible. He sucks. Did I meention he sucks.Jdh Teach

MJP & SJP said...

Let me see if I'm understanding correctly.........you think he sucks, right??!! - SJP

JDHTEACH said...

There is a funny outtake on You Tube where he lets out a big FART during an interview.

YEah...he sucks

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the information. Now I will know it.