Saturday, August 23, 2008

Zuma? Really?

A couple days ago Gwen Stefani and her sorta rock star husband Gavin Rossdale welcomed their new son into the world by naming him Zuma Nesta Rock.

What..........The..........Hell !!!

It seems more and more of these.......unconventional... names are popping up

Jason Lee (the guy from My Name is Earl) named his son Pilot Inspektor
Nicholas Cage named his son Kal-El. Wasn't that the same of Superman's dad?
Gweneth Paltrow and Chris Martin named their two kids Apple & Moses. Heck, compared to these recent ones those sound almost normal and makes Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes daughter name Suri sound almost pretty.

I guess there is earlier precedent for this sort of thing. Frank Zappa named his kids Dweezil, Ahmet, and Moon Unit. Eddie Van Halen named his son Wolfgang. I guess they all survived pretty well. Sure I guess these actors and musicians are all creative types and have some uniqueness me just being a regular working joe can't understand. It just seems like now these celebrities are trying to out-strange one another.

I hope with all the millions of dollars these people earn they invest some of it in teaching these kids how to defend themselves. These stars may forget that it's the kid that will actually have to live with that name, and those first days on the playground when they get into school may be kind of tough.
-MJP

5 comments:

JDHTEACH said...

There are twins at my school named FREEDOM and AMERICA
JDHTEACH

JDHTEACH said...

I have seen this....Drysdale Perez

JDHTEACH said...

I wonder if there is a Spanish woman out there who had triplits and they named them Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria

JDHTEACH said...

And are we sure Wolfgang turned out alright? Did you see him on stage? He needs to join mom on Jenny Craig...what is he about 280?

unt grad said...

Wolfgang I can understand, I mean dad's a musician. But Zuma? I know it was a nod towards their favorite musician, but come on. Moses okay, but Apple?

We have a 1st grader at school named Fortune.